Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
USS Majesty
Captain's Quarters
15:15 Hrs

Callum was just fixing the fifth rank pip in place as the door bell sounded "Don't get a minutes peace around this place" Callum to himself as he grabbed his mug of coffee from the replicator before heading to the door.

Callum pressed the panel to the left of the door "Mr. Locker, please, come in" Callum said gesturing into his quarters "What can I do for you today??" he asked.

"Good afternoon Captain Jackson." Locker greeted in return. "Sorry for any interruption, comms are offline on the Firebrand so couldn't communicate. I need some guidance, I am not sure yet who my XO will be so who should I bring along to the meeting?"

Locker walked into the Captains quarters.

"The Firebrand isn't quite ready for any missions yet, can't say I am either. At the moment I am running around like a headless chicken trying to make sure Firebrand is been refitted appropriately. She is looking good though." Des informed in a report like manner.

Callum placed his coffee cup on his desk then sat down "Sounds like you could do with an XO" Callum gesturing towards the seat on the other side of his desk

"Let me just take a look" he said tapping on his console "According to this Commander Jemma Grax should be assigned to the Firebrand" Callum said as he grabbed a blank PADD and entered some data onto it.

"You should find Commander Grax on the Braveheart, here is her confirmation that she has been transferred to your command" Callum said handing Des the PADD.

"Thank you Captain. How is the Majesty doing?" Des asked curiously.

Des had a quick glimpse across the hallway noticing crew members still working on repairs and upgrades. The Firebrand was looking the same with the refit underway.

Locker realised that his duty was going to be difficult, but he had confidence he could fulfill it as the CO. He still couldn't believe that the fleet gave him a Sovereign Class starship.

"Coming along quite nicely now" Callum started "we've had a few delays, hence the refit taking the best part of two years" Callum paused "According to the last report everything should be up and running at oh three hundred hours tomorrow, we're scheduled to perform an engine test at oh five hundred ready for our field tests next week" Callum continued.

Callum smiled "although, I'm sure this meeting with the Admiralty will change the schedule" Callum commented.

Quote:=/\= Angel to Jackson. I'm back on board and awaiting orders, sir. =/\=
came across the COMM
=/\=Jackson to Angel, welcome back, Commander.  I'm just in the middle of something, I'll call you back=/\= Callum said before tapping his COMM Badge.

"Sorry about that, is there anything else I can do for you??" Callum asked Des.

Locker looked at Jackson and thought a bit.

"Is there anyway I can use your ships communication system to get hold of my XO?" Des replied.

Callum nodded "I should return to the bridge" Callum started "I would advise using the communications station up there.  The terminals down here are getting quite a bit of interference, the engineers are still trying to resolve it" Callum said before finishing the rest of his coffee.

Callum stood up and gestured for Des to go first.

Locker nodded and made his way out of Captain Jackson's quarters.

"Thank you Captain, I'll walk with you to the bridge." Locker suggested.

TAG: Will, ALL.
Commodore Callum Jackson,
Commanding Officer USS Majesty.
Fleet Chief of Operations
Taskforce 169 Commanding Officer
USS Majesty
Deck 2
Chief Security/Tactical Officer's Quarters
1540 Hours

Starfleet always held a number of properties around the San Francisco area for personnel without assignments. These were always useful for officers who wanted something a bit more comfortable than cadet dormitories to bunk down in.
Will had spent his time between one such apartment and his grandfather's home in Munich. The larger items he possessed had been shipped there, so only what he considered essential was beamed back to Majesty.

The view from his window gave him a sight of Thrinacia in all her glory. It seemed so long since he'd seen the station, the place where his Starfleet adventure had truly begun. A baptism of fire, to be sure; he'd expected to posted to a small ship as one of many security officers. Instead, he'd been assigned to this very ship as the departmental head. He looked at the station for a long moment before turning back to his unpacking.

His favourite shirt almost went in his wardrobe.
"No, actually," he told himself. "That's for tonight."
Nodding his satisfaction, he finished up and put his cases in storage. Then he left for the bridge.

TAG: All
USS Majesty
Bridge
1534 Hours

Commander Hurt watched will leave the bridge, as he did so he could read some of the man feelings he also knew who they were towards he watched the young woman sit down at the station and shook his head, he never had been good at the human love feeling even thought he could always tell it in the other person.

The doors of the turbo lifts doors opened again and he glanced up to see the caption walking on to the bridge he shot up into a standing stance and as normal an new officer in the background yelled out "Caption on DECK!" as dj winced and then smiled at the caption walking towards him he thought back to his first day on the ship and how he had always been intimated by the man but always looked up to him. Dj held out his hand and said "hello caption, how are you sir?" he waited for the reply. after the caption shook his hand and the talked for a bit dj walked to the helm station and stood behind it
Commander Hurt was thinking about a trip down to engineering to see how the ship had fared after he left her.

USS MAJESTY
Main Engineering
1535 hours

as the turbo lift doors opened all dj could hear was
Quote:"Damn Starbase Engineers!!!!!!"
dj laughed to him self and stood walked to an open chair and perched himself onto it listing "Sir," An Ensign started, "calm yourself, remember the last time you let things get to you?" dj thought back to when he had left and if he even knew the person in charge down here anymore he needed to get back in the know
Quote:"Aye, Ensign, you're right. But that doesn't excuse the mess that ruddy lot are causing over here. I tell ya, if our teams here had just been left to do it ourselves, we'd have been so much better off. But nooooo, Mr-Admiral-Malloway-Sir thinks otherwise..."
dj coughed into his hand trying to get the other two to turn towards him.

TAG-ALL

Commander DJ Hurt
Executive Officer USS Majesty
USS Majesty
USS Majesty
Bridge
1545 Hours

By the time Will arrived on the bridge Captain Jackson - Fleet Captain Jackson, he reminded himself - was already there.
"Captain," he nodded, getting Callum's attention and heading to his own station, which Stanley immediately stepped away from.
"Thank you, Stanley," Will said.
"No problem. I didn't have time to blow the ship up. You might want to give me longer in future."
"It worries me that I think you're being serious," Will told him, and the two men grinned at each other.
"Guess I'm going to go sit in your office then."
"Don't get too comfortable. I can't pick up the Cartoon Network from down there."
"Not that you need it, right? You're a big boy now..."
Stanley nodded towards Lt ch'Amok.
Will made a gesture of irritation and scowled at his new deputy.
"You still here?"
"Nope. I'm gone. Later!"
Will shook his head as he watched Stanley retreating into the turbolift. Then he caught himself looking across at the Andorian officer. Why was she so keen to meet up off duty? He refused to intrude on her emotions, so he simply resigned himself to wondering. It was, of course, possible that Stanley was reading it right, and there was a romantic notion behind her proposal, but he didn't understand that. There were plenty of Andorians on board. Surely they'd be more her type? Did she even find "pinkskins" attractive? To be fair, he found her very attractive, but their relationship had, up till now, been mostly professional. It was ch'Amok who'd first welcomed him aboard Majesty, and they'd been friends ever since, but there was never any hint of it becoming personal or intimate.
Will sighed and turned to his console. At least sensor updates didn't contain so many mysteries...

USS Majesty
Bridge
1534 Hours

Locker and Jackson entered the Bridge and a crew member announced out loud: "Captain on deck!"

Locker just smiled and realised soon his new crew will be doing the same.

Des was looking forward to his new command. But he was also nerveous even though he shouldn't be. He was confident though, despite that nagging and annoying background sensation of been nervous. "The CO of a Sovereign Class Dreadnaught..." He thought to himself. It still hadn't really hit him yet, mostly because he hadn't had a chance to speak to his crew.

Leiutenant Shore, the ships councelor, Leiutenant Commander Copeland, the Chief of Medical, Ensign Jorek, the Klingon Chief of Hazard Ops, Commander Grax, the XO, Commander Tagus, the wing commander, Lieutenant JG Halsey, the Chief engineer and Ensign Field, the chief con were supposed to report for duty soon. But first Locker had to contact the XO.

Locker made his way to the communications station and pressed a couple of buttons.

=/\= Lieutenant Commander Desmond Locker to Commander Grax. Please respond. =/\=

TAG: Commander Grax 
USS Majesty
Bridge
1546 Hours

Updating the sensor information required very little input from himself other than simply watching and pressing a tab on his LCARS display from time to time.
If Will was given to such a thing, he'd call it boring. If he was given to such a thing.
*Sensor update completed* the computer told him at last.
"Thank you," Will murmured, pleased to have got that out of the way.
He tested the update immediately, scanning the various vessels around Majesty and being happy with the results. Then he tested the internal sensors, focussing on the few blindspots that had existed previously. He was keen to eliminate these, especially the one that was highlighted in a holodeck exercise months ago, during which Lt Colonel Wiseman had effectively slaughtered an entire Starfleet team. He briefly wondered if he could prevent the Marine officer from finding out the update had been effected, but decided against it. Should the information be required in defence of the ship, it was imperative all officers had up to date knowledge.
Oh, well...
Then he turned his attention to weapons and shield calibration. Targetting a nearby vessel (sensors identified it as USS Firebrand, and Will half-smiled as he threw a sideways glance at the unsuspecting Captain Locker), he disabled the phaser emitters and fired a full salvo at the Sovereign-class ship.
The readouts showed a 0.31% fluctuation in the power grid which probably was harmless, but he really ought to make sure. He fired again. Firebrand, in Will's imagination at least, was now a charred hulk, but his concentration was on the 0.38% fluctuation. Will fired again for good measure. Now the reading was 5.6%.
"Computer, please identify source of phaser fluctuation."
*Working. Source of fluctuation is in phase component manifold.*
"Thank you. Please state prognosis of this fluctuation remaining unaddressed."
*Phasers will redline beyond 33% fluctuation. Safety protocols will automatcially shut down all phaser banks at that point.*
"Leaving us without any phasers."
*Affirmative.*
"Slick work, Starfleet!"
*Please restate query.*
"Never mind. Thank you."
Will opened up his panel and looked at the inner workings of the console. Didn't look like he could do anything from here.
=/\= Angel to Weapons Control. I've just run a phaser simulation and found a fluctuation in the phase component manifold. Can you guys look at it and let me know when it's fixed?. =/\=
=/\= Weapons Control, Crewman Haas here. Will do, sir. I'm on it now. =/\=
=/\= Thank you, Crewman. Angel out. =/\=
It pleased Will no end when he found the shields were working to full capacity.

USS Majesty
Main Bridge
15:46 Hrs

Callum looked at the crewman, he then stepped back onto the turbo lift for a few seconds before stepping back onto the Bridge, the crewman went to shout it again, but Callum glared at him "From now on, I would like to be able to enter the Bridge like that" he said with a smile.
The crewman nodded "Sorry Sir" he replied.

Callum took a look around "I swear the Bridge used to be brighter than this before the refit" Callum said to himself as he walked over to Will.

Callum tutted "Commander, firing without an order from the Captain AND at a Starfleet vessel, I should court marshal you for that" he said smiling "How..." Callum was interrupted
"Captain, you really need to finish your paper work, these need filing in a few hours" the Yeoman said
Callum picked up the first PADD "New Personnel reports, I've already looked through these" Callum replied
"Those were for last week, these are this weeks" the yeoman replied
Callum's cheerful expression faded "At least there's only these few" Callum replied going to take the handful
"Well, there are a few others in your ready room"
"Define a few"
"Twenty, maybe twenty five" replied the yeoman
Callum sighed "might as well put them with the rest, I'll have a look at them later"
"Yes Sir" the yeoman replied hurrying off with the PADDS.

"I'll try again" Callum said turning back to Will. "How was the Academy??" Callum asked "I trust I don't have to worry when leaving you in command of my ship now" Callum added.

TAG: Will, ALL.
Commodore Callum Jackson,
Commanding Officer USS Majesty.
Fleet Chief of Operations
Taskforce 169 Commanding Officer
USS Majesty
Bridge
1550 Hours

Will smiled back as he waited for the yeoman to finish giving a riveting report on the replacement crewmembers.
"The academy was very informative, thank you. I think the ship would be in good hands, but I'd encourage you to keep control for as long as you can. Seriously, though, it's been a revelation. Small unit tactics and starship combat strategy are very different animals! I've learned a great deal this last year. As for the weapons test, yes, sir, sorry, sir, won't happen again, sir."
The two officers shared a smile and Will changed the subject.
"I've appointed Ensign Cotton as my deputy now that the others have all gone on to new assignments. I'll be making an official request to you or Commander Hurt to ratify it, but I've assumed there won't be a major objection to my choice. I can see DJ's taking his duty very seriously. He should be a fine XO. I know he worked very hard at the academy to be ready for this. I think Commander Spruance would have approved. Are we going to get a chance to take Majesty out and test her legs, or are we confined to spacedock for the foreseeable?"

TAG: Callum, All
Quote:USS MAJESTY
Main Engineering
1536 hours

as the turbo lift doors opened all dj could hear was

"Damn Starbase Engineers!!!!!!"

dj laughed to him self and stood walked to an open chair and perched himself onto it listing "Sir," An Ensign started, "calm yourself, remember the last time you let things get to you?" dj thought back to when he had left and if he even knew the person in charge down here anymore he needed to get back in the know

"Aye, Ensign, you're right. But that doesn't excuse the mess that ruddy lot are causing over here. I tell ya, if our teams here had just been left to do it ourselves, we'd have been so much better off. But nooooo, Mr-Admiral-Malloway-Sir thinks otherwise..."

dj coughed into his hand trying to get the other two to turn towards him.

Michael had just about gathered up some equipment into a small carry-container and swung it onto his shoulder when he and the Ensign heard a slight cough from behind. The Ensign, naturally at such a young age and rank, span immediately and snapped to attention at the sight of Commander Hurt stood there. Michael, not so quick, but still within respect of his superior.

"Commander, a pleasure to have you back on board." Michael said, nodding in respect to DJ. He'd served only briefly with the Commander before he had left for the Academy for an extra spot of training during the refit, but still he had heard and seen quite a bit of him. The crew respected him, that was for sure. They had to considering DJ had been promoted into the position and rank he currently held. From what Michael had also read on his personnel file from the Senior roster, it was a damn good thing DJ was assigned to the Majesty - he would definately be an asset.

"That'll be all, Ensign." The Chief Engineer nodded to his subordinate to dismiss them, turning his attention back to the Commander. What can I do for you, Sir? I had planned on doing a little maintenance of the replicators to get away from all this hub-bub."

TAG: DJ
Lieutenant Commander Michael Gregrez
(note: rank in image out of date, due to be amended)
STARBASE THRINACIA
Commanding Officer's Office
1514 hours

"Damn reports." Steve murmured, throwing himself backwards into his chair at his desk. He hadnt long been sat on the couch before another chirp of reports erupted from the main console. One not so pleasing to hear, the others were just the usual shinanigans.

1515 hours. Typical. Time moved so slowly when you were waiting on something. And this meeting later that evening at 1800 wasnt coming around quick enough.

"Come!" Steve called out, his hands up over his face as he whiped away the annoyance of waiting, the fatigue at staring at the console all day, and the relief that finally the Fleet was up to something. He looked to the doors as they swished open, smiling the sight of Ms. Wilkinson walk on in.

"Emma, 'bout time someone or something came to take me away from the console." He grinned, standing and walking around his desk. He'd known Emma for several, several not nearly covering exactly how many, years and had become not only a friend to the Admiral, but a confident as well. "How are you, my dear?"

TAG: EMSKI
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier