Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleet Mission: "To Boldly Go..."
USS Independence
Bridge
17:00 Hrs

Jack adjusted his position in the command chair before placing his right ankle onto his left knee.

Jack turned the virtual page on his PADD and continued to read, he only got three words into the next page before an ensign interrupted him "Sir, it's seventeen hundred, I relieve you" the ensign said.
Jack looked up at her before looking at the command console "It is indeed, feels more like five AM" Jack commented as he stood up.  He took a deep breath and spoke "I stand relieved" Jack said
"Anything I should know about, Sir??" the ensign asked.
"Not really" Jack said smiling "good luck, ensign" Jack said.
"Good luck, Sir??" the ensign asked confused as she sat down
"Good luck staying awake" Jack replied "You got anything to do whilst your up here??" Jack asked.
The ensign shook her head "No Sir, figured there would be enough to do" the ensign replied
"This your first time as the watch officer??" Jack asked
"Yes Sir"
"Whats your name??" Jack asked
"Ensign Sarratt, Katerine Sarratt" Sarratt replied
"At least you'll get an easy start" Jack started "Nothing major should happen today, here" Jack handed her his PADD "you'll probably need this at some point" Jack said before going to leave "The Bridge is yours, ensign" Jack shouted as he stepped onto the turbo lift.

USS Independence
Executive Officer's Quarters
17:03 Hrs

Jack stepped up to his locked door and tapped in his unlock code *Access denied, in correct code* the computer reported.

Jack noticed he had just tapped in his old code damn, why did I change that again?? he asked himself as he tapped in the correct code.

"Computer, Earl Grey, two sugars" Jack ordered as he walked up to the replicator a couple of metres away from the door.

Jack took the cup from the replicator so quickly that it barely had time to finish materialising, taking a sip he flopped down onto his sofa.

TAG: All
USS Majesty
Deck 37 - Main Engineering
16:00 Hrs

Commander Hurt replied to the chief as the other younger officer walked away " I was only comeing down to see how the ship was doing, I know a lot has changed after the time I left. be for he could answer the commander saw the caption step away from the young officer and dj spun to meet him "caption" he said and then answerd the question " yes sir the academy was very helpful in my case"

he took a step back when the caption looked at the chief and he waited for them to be done talking. when dj saw a pause in the talking he asked the caption " do you think I could head over to the firebrand sir? I hear that an old class mate from my early academy was just made her caption and I wanted to drop in and check how he was doing.
Commander DJ Hurt
Executive Officer USS Majesty
USS Majesty
USS Majesty
Bridge
1700 Hours

Will knew his natural demeanour suggested otherwise, but he felt the bridge crew had found his first watch as bridge commander fun. The general emotional buzz was one of enjoyment, with the quickfire simulations producing some clever responses and lateral thinking from the assembled officers and crewmen.
ch'Amok's antennae were straight and poised, signalling her own pleasure at having something to do. For his own part, Will was satisfied that he'd given them a good workout (albeit academic rather than physical), and had enjoyed himself himself as much as they had.
After a while, he began to look around the bridge. He couldn't see any sign of what he was looking for. Finally, he spoke:
"I need a volunteer for a very dangerous mission. Lieutenant ch'Amok, you seem a likely candidate."
The Andorian turned in her seat.
"I guess I volunteer then, sir."
"You need to understand, Lieutenant, this is dangerous, and highly classified. You must speak of this to no-one."
"I understand, sir."
Very well," Will said, relaxing back into the command chair. "Locate and acquire a coffee. Milk and two sugars. Bring it back here without anybody seeing you. I want real coffee, not any replicated rubbish. Go to the galley. Be careful."
"Yes, sir," ch'Amok appeared confused, but took it in good spirit. "One coffee coming up."
"Excellent. Oh, and Lieutenant...?"
"Commander?"
"I'm serious, ch'Amok. Don't let anyone see you once you've left the galley. Your life may depend on it."
"Yes, sir," ch'Amok said, a slight laugh accompanying her response.
Once the lieutenant had vanished behind the turbolift doors, Will tapped his communicator.
=/\= Angel to Cotton. =/\=
=/\= Cotton here, Commander. How can I help? =/\=
=/\= Stanley, Lieutenant ch'Amok is running rogue between the galley and the bridge. She'll be carrying a highly illegal caffeine-based beverage. Apprehend her and bring the beverage to me. =/\=
=/\= Understood, sir. Cotton out. =/\=
Will caught the humourous undertone in Stanley's voice. He knew what was going on.
=/\= Angel to ch'Amok. =/\=
=/\= ch'Amok here, Commander. =/\=
=/\= ch'Amok, the mission just became more dangerous. Someone's tipped off security. They're coming for you. Don't let them capture that coffee. =/\=
=/\= Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... I wonder who that might've been. =/\=
=/\= Bring me that coffee, Lieutenant. =/\=
=/\= Aye, sir. =/\=
Will ended the communication and waited to see who would bring him his coffee.

TAG:All
USS Braveheart
Personal Quarters
1715 hours

Donald stood from having been sitting on the end of the bed in his assigned quarters, and took one last glance around the room. The ship he had once served on as Commanding Officer still held one of the largest pieces of his heart. It had been his home for nearly 10 years, even now as he was a Retired Captain and held the role of Mission Advisor. But, alas, it was time to leave her.

The Braveheart was due to be assigned on routine patrol within the Fleet, departing shortly after 2100 hours that same evening. Donald stood hoping that he wouldnt have left at that time so as to see her ample nacelles disappear out into space through the spacedock doors. He sighed. Ample nacelles. Chuckling, the Retired Captain slung his travelcase onto his shoulder and picked up the one remaining PADD from the bedside table that detailed his new assignment.

Even though he was now retired, Donald still felt he could be of use; and as such had agreed with Admiralty to stay on in his Advisory roles within the Fleet. It was just a shame he couldnt stay aboard the Braveheart, but that CO didnt need advising - Captain Grey was an expert these days, and Donald was just glad he was able to have seen the Lieutenant progress through to Captain.

Starbase Thrinacia
Main Promenade
1723 hours

After a while, although it merely seemed like seconds, Donald found himself looking out across the Main Promenade of the Starbase; noticing the various areas under refit and so off-limits. As always for this time of day the deck was busy, the usual hustle and bustle of the civilians going home from their day jobs, or children shopping. Although Donald did raise an eyebrow in disagreement to one group of what must have been 11 year olds shopping alone. He would never have allowed his own children to shop unsupervised when they were that age. But, enough of that - he had somewhere to be.

And so, without further a-do, Donald continued on from the Promenade to make his way to the docking ports, and his new home.

TAG: Anyone...?
Quote:Captain (Retired) Donald McGriff
STARBASE THRINACIA
Operations Deck
1707 hours

The doors from the Station Commanding Officer's Office hissed open in their usual manner, but were unnoticed with the racket that met the Admiral's ears as he walked through onto the main deck.

There were conduits open everywhere around the walls, display panels hanging by god-only-knows-what here there and everywhere, consoles in various places had panels missing, and Engineers were using more tools than Steve thought possible to carry out their work. Sparks would intermingle with the communication between each officer as they went about their business, and tools were buzzing as they repaired and refitted pretty much near everything. All the Admiral did was simply smile and shake his head a little in amusement. Under normal circumstances he hated the noise and all the hub-ub and he felt the Main Operations Deck should be one of order and NOT chaos. But, Thrinacia is in dire need of the work. Steve thought to himself, rubbing one of his palms soothingly against the edge of a nearby bulkhead as if trying to put the old girl at ease.

"Admiral?" A Lieutenant began, bringing Steve out of a trance causing him to look at her. She stood back a step out of respect and offered a smile, understanding why and what the Admiral had been doing. "Apologies, Sir. I thought you might like yet another PADD with communications logs..." She jested, a grin on her lips as Steve rolled his eyes playfully. It was no secret amongst the Command Staff on Thrinacia that Steve was not a fan of masses of PADDs.

"The joys," The Admiral started, accepting the PADD gently, "another to add to those continually filling my desk, thank you Lieutenant." Steve said, glancing to the woman as she nodded and left his vicinity.

Steve studied the PADD, holding it at an off angle as the reflection from a nearby Engineering tool as it sparked made the surface harder to read. It would seem there had been many attempts at communicating with personnel across Thrinacia that had failed. With all these refits its a wonder anyone can manage anything. "Computer, send a message to Lieutenant Commander Locker on the Firebrand that I will speak with him at the meeting in an hour, and apologise for my not returning his call."

With that, Steve walked to the closest turbolift. The meeting was looming to start in a little over 45 minutes and he had plenty to get sorted for it in the meantime. And first on the list was taking the dreaded de-tour through the Main Promenade to access the right turboshaft... normally he'd be able to get right there, but the Starbase refit was making so much so difficult.

TAG: Anyone
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS Majesty
Bridge
1725 Hours

It had been fun to begin with, but Will was starting to lose the edge.
=/\= Bridge to galley. Any sign of Lieutenant ch'Amok, Chef? =/\=
=/\= Yes, sir. She was in here about 20 minutes ago collecting fresh coffee. =/\=
=/\= Hmm. Thanks, Chef. Bridge out. =/\=
Will sat back and drummed his fingers on the arm rest. He really could have done with his coffee a while ago.
"Computer, please locate Lieutenant ch'Amok."
*Lieutenant ch'Amok is not on board the ship.*
Will sat up.
"Explain."
*Transporter records indicate Lieutenant ch'Amok left the ship at 1721 hours.*
"Where did she go?"
*Unknown.*
"What do you mean, 'unknown'? What was her destination?"
*Unknown. No destination logged.*
"I see. Thank you."
=/\= Bridge to Security. =/\=
=/\= Ensign Cotton here. Go ahead, Will. =/\=
=/\= Stanley, call off the troops. She's off the ship. Nice try. =/\=
=/\= Dammit! Oh, well. The guys had fun at this end. =/\=
After breaking communication, Will stood up and did a visual inspection of all the stations on the bridge. He offered words of advice and encouragement to the junior officers and crew who were perhaps unused to working on the bridge, and senior crewmembers who weren't used to such long periods of inactivity.
Finally, having completed a circuit of the bridge, he sat down again.
A few moments later, the turbolift doors opened and ch'Amok stepped onto the bridge casually, carrying a cup with Starfleet's emblem on it.
"Your coffee, sir," she said, her eyes twinkling and her antennae dancing something akin to a victory jig.
Will took the cup and looked at her, appraisingly.
"Thank you. You want to explain your little little excursion off the ship?"
She grinned.
"I never left. I just went to Transporter Room 4 and asked the operator to hold me in the buffer until the coast was clear. Then she brought me back and I had an easy ride up here."
"Very clever," Will acknowledged, smiling back.
He took a sip of his coffee.
"It's cold!" he sputtered.
ch'Amok shrugged.
"Coffee doesn't fare quite as well in a transporter buffer as people do, I'm afraid."
Will pulled a resigned face while ch'Amok laughed openly and sat down at her station.

TAG: All
Starbase Thrinacia
Operations Deck
1710 Hrs

Bryan was stood in a corner of the Operations Deck utilising the temporary consoles that had been setup whilst the ATC deck was undergoing upgrades.

=/\=NCC - 74821, You have entered Starbase Thrinacia's air space sensor contact, 241 Mark 3, confirm please=/\= Bryan Spoke
=/\=Thrinacia, this is the USS Yager, sensor contact confirmed=/\= The Yager's Captain reported
=/\=NCC - 74821, report intention, you are not scheduled to pass through my airspace today=/\= Bryan replied
=/\=We're a day early, requesting permission to dock at bay four=/\= The Captain said.

Bryan tapped in a command, bay four was indeed reserved for the Yager.
=/\=Yager, reduce speed now to 1/4 impulse power, you are cleared for left approach, standby for further instructions=/\= Bryan ordered as he watched the air traffic on the display.

=/\=Cargo vessels one, two, and three=/\= Bryan started.  To make his job easier, during the refit duration all cargo vessels and transports he would assign a number to instead of using their registration numbers or their names.

=/\=You all are on final approach, vessel three, reduce speed now to 1/3 maneuvering thrusters, Vessel Two, reduce speed now to 1/2 Maneuvering thrusters, Vessel one, you are cleared to dock at bay one, reduce speed now to full maneuvering thrusters and standby for starbase take over.=/\= Bryan ordered as he nodded to his assistant.

Bryan tapped in his authorisation code "Computer, open space doors".  The space doors slowly slid open.

A few minutes passed =/\=Cargo 2, increase speed now to full maneuvering thrusters, cleared to dock bay two, stand by for starbase takeover. Cargo 3, increase speed now to one half maneuvering thrusters=/\= Bryan again nodded to his assistant.

After a several minutes both cargo vessels were securely docked within Thrinacia.

=/\=NCC - 74821, make right turn, 90 degrees now, slow to full maneuvering thrusters, you are number one in, cleared to dock bay four.  Condition Blue, stand by for starbase take over=/\= Bryan ordered this time deciding to dock the ship himself instead of letting his assistant do it.

Having done this many times before Bryan was making light work of maneuvering the Sovereign class starship into it's docking bay, the computer made it's customary announcement as the Yager entered bay four *USS Yager, now arriving at bay four*.

With his left hand Bryan was working the Starbase Systems, with the right, he was maneuvering the Yager, =/\=Yager, standby to engage docking clamps=/\= Bryan said as he slowed the Yager down to a crawl and began extending the airlock walkway =/\=Yager, engage docking clamps now=/\= he said bring the ship to a full stop and locking the Starbase clamps.

=/\=Transferring control back to you, Welcome To Starbase Thrinacia=/\= Bryan said as he verified the airlock seal and opened the doors.

"Computer, close space doors" Bryan said as he checked his air traffic sensors.

"The next wave of transports arrives in a couple of hours, I imagine the ones currently docked should be about ready to leave by then" Bryan said to his assistant.

TAG: ALL.
STARBASE THRINACIA
Conference Room
1755 hours

The room was ready, finally. Not that the room itself needed much attention as they were all always set for any sort of conference anyway. A few adjustments here and there. The Admiral himself preferred a slightly cooler temperature, too warm and the personnel present were more likely to start dozing off. To cool and they got uncomfortable. This was only slightly cooler in order to keep their attention focused. He'd also requested security personnel at the doors - only Flag Ranking Officers, Commanding Officers and Executive Officers were permitted to the debrief. There were a couple of others authorised, such as Captain McGriff and Commander Jezebel, but they all knew who they were. Anyone else was told to do one. Politely.

17.57 Steve thought to himself. Not long till the officers were due to arrive. Infact Commander Jezebel was running a tad behind too. no change there really. Steve allowed himself a chuckle as he scanned the room with his eyes. Larger PADDs were in place on the tables, one per officer, locked out until his command was given to allow the content to be viewed. Glasses of chilled water with slice of lemon were on the table too, one for each occupant, with spare jugs in the centre for refills. Blank PADDs were placed in the centre too for note taking if required. But the Admiral doubted it.

And now, to wait for the arrivals.

TAG: ALL COs and XOs. If you are unsure if you are meant to attend, pm me. Apologies on lack of posting.
Admiral Steve Malloway
Commanding Officer, USS Eagle
Joint Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet Strategic Response Fleet

Training and Personnel Developments Director, and Internal Verifier
USS Majesty
Ready Room
1752 Hrs

Callum was looking through the reports again when he noticed is chronometer.

Callum dropped the PADD onto his desk, that at present, was a desk made of PADDS "How do Starfleet make these so quick" he thought to himself looking at the pile "Maybe I just need to be more organised" he thought with a smile.

The ready rooms doors opened and Callum walked out, took an immediate left and used the auxiliary turbo lift located to the left of his ready room. "Docking Hatch Three" Callum ordered.

"Computer, transmit message to Commander Hurt: I'm running late, will meet you in Conference Room Alpha" Callum said "Computer, transmit" he continued as the turbo lift doors opened and he broke into a jog heading for the docking hatch a few meters away.

Starbase Thrinacia
1755 Hrs

Callum was looking at a map on the bulkhead just by the docking hatch, memorising his path he broke into a run.  Having not spent much time on the starbase, Callum frequently got lost when he was.

Having arrived on the correct deck, Callum only had a minute to spare, he slowed to a walk, caught his breath and straightened his uniform.

"Do you have the time?" Callum asked one of the security officers
"It's 17:59 Sir" one of them replied.
Callum thanked the officer and headed in.

Conference Room

Callum noticed he was still one of the first to arrive, he nodded to the Admiral "Sir" he said as he found his seat, but didn't sit down.

TAG: Admiral Malloway, Commander Hurt, All.
Commodore Callum Jackson,
Commanding Officer USS Majesty.
Fleet Chief of Operations
Taskforce 169 Commanding Officer
USS Indiana NCC-47635
1755HRS
Entering Starbase Thrinacia restricted space

Draco entered the flight deck with Moorehead one step behind him. it had been a saddened day and neither of the men wished to bear any furthure witness to the events that had fallen. It had been a short ran life for Outpost Midway, She had served Starfleet well and commanded a respect that very few stations ever have a chance of holding. As they neared Draco's craft the two men stopped and Draco turned to his old friend.

"God speed my friend." Draco commented as he extended his hand.

"Like wise" Draco. "Do your best to keep them from mothballing us all."

Draco nodded as he climbed into teh cockpit of his ship. "Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic"

With a grin Moorehead replied in kind and stepped back as the cockpit closed and Draco brought his craft off the deck

=^=Tango 0 to flight control USS Indiana and Starbase Thrinacia. Permission to transfer Admiral Targus and his craft to secured holding on landing pad C =^=

=^= Permission granted Tango 0/ Welcome abourd again Sir.=^=

with the reply Draco took off out of the bay and headed to the station. within moments he was entering the doors of the landing pad and securing his craft. as the last of his check offs were completed he tapped the center of his main consoul.

" Computer secure all craft controls. and transport me directly to Conferance Room A on this station. authority Targus Alpha two."
With a beep the computer complied and Targus disappeared in a swirl of blue light to reappear in the conferance room across the table from Admiral Malloway.

" Sorry for my tardiness Admiral, but I was overseeing the final events at Midway." commented Draco as he nodded to Captain Jackson.

"I am happy to report that operations at Midway went as expected. all tactical data was secured and station was scrubbed."

TBC. Dang work